Thursday, December 28, 2017

Favorite Posts in 2017

Looking Back

Well, I didn't post as many as I thought I would in 2017. However, I enjoyed preparing for and finally completing these pieces and thoughts throughout most of the year.

One of my first posts was to launch the #30for30Days YMCA Prayer Challenge. There were between 20-25 regular followers for the effort. If you'd like to know more, check out this from back in May: 30 for 30

Another favorite post has to be "Be Still". I happened to be out on the back porch one day and just enjoyed the quietness of the moment. Do you make time to just enjoy stillness?

About the time that the Y Prayer Challenge ended, I asked a young YMCA staff person if she would share some of her thoughts from her participation in the prayer challenge. Autumn Finney wrote a wonderful post and described how she sees this challenge. Read her contribution here Beyond 30 Days.

Remember the Total Eclipse back in August? That is all we were hearing about for weeks prior to the event. I wrote this post a few days prior to the big event: God's Display.

Finally, after a visit to a resident camp in November and seeing first hand how the camp had been damaged, yet been able to open for the summer camping season, I had to praise my friend Val Elliott and the staff at YMCA Camp Hanes. This is truly an amazing story and it's fun to know the people involved and to see the results of hard work. Did you read this? Exceptional Leadership

You can see on the right-hand side of any of my posts the list of labels. Check them out and look back at some of the posts from 2017.

Thank you very much for taking time to read "A Long Answer to Prayer". I hope you will check back often or even sign up to be notified of new posts.


What's Ahead

I'm looking forward to 2018 and all the things that God has in store for family, friends, and many organizations that I am associated with. May 2018 bring for each of you new joys and new hopes!


"His faithful love endures forever."

Until next time...


Chaplain Gray