Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Be Still

My Office This Afternoon 

Composed on the afternoon of May 16.

As I sit on the screen porch this afternoon to do some thinking, reading and studying I've noticed several things. It's a very quiet time of the day and it's very warm this afternoon. I hear the birds; however, it's not feeding time so it must be 'water cooler chatter' they have going on among themselves.

Occasionally a breeze kicks up and the trees that surround our yard seem to be waving at me saying "oh, we love the sunshine." Some of these very trees are providing important shade for a row of roses during this hot afternoon.


I look out at the patio and I see one corner where the sun is shining brightly down on the big planter. The many flowers and plants are just soaking up the rays and adding brilliance to their color.

Our God is such an awesome God!!!

"Be still in the presence of the LORD,
and wait patiently for him to act." Psalm 37:7a (NLT)

It was in this stillness that I prayed to God and asked Him to point me in His Word to what He wanted me to see today. It's my desire to find some thoughts and ideas for development into devotions or presentations. He answered my prayer! I came across a wonderful devotion and in the notes were items for further study. I followed His lead and was truly blessed!!! He led me to two wonderful topics to develop into messages.

Do you have a place where you can pray, soak in the sights and sounds around you, and listen for the voice of God? In the busyness of the day, amazing things can happen when we take a few minutes, retreat from the hustle and bustle and fellowship with our God.

An Evening Encounter
Updated after dark the same day

I couldn't help myself. It has cooled down and is such a nice evening I returned to the back porch with a book and some music to listen to through my headphones. Once again, in the stillness and quietness that surrounded me, I was able to find yet another topic that really spoke to me. That is the third one today! I'm constantly amazed at the Lord's timing. All Praise to Him, the Lord of Lords!


His faithful love endures forever.

Until next time...
Chaplain Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment